Thursday, March 5, 2015

Spring Cleaning Smoothies

by Angie Ouellette-Tower for godsgrowinggarden.com photo 2012-09-18_zps3drgzrjz.jpg


Today marks 1 year for me - this post is my 12th "Contributing Angel" post (Thank you  again to my friend Angel for allowing me to contribute to your amazing blog!)
There is a pun on words with this title: "Spring Cleaning Smoothies" - not only will you be able to spring clean your fridge and pantry by using some of the ingredients in these recipes but these smoothies will also help clean your body from the inside out.

First, I just want to make it clear that I am NOT a healthcare professional - the information in these recipes I received from my own personal research (please click on the disclaimer below).

In all of my smoothie creations I use kefir (or yogurt) and whey protein (click HERE to view what I think of pea protein) and in each recipe I have featured certain ingredients and I detail what I have learned about the health benefits of those special ingredients.  Some of these spring cleaning ingredients are: ginger, kale, green tea, cinnamon, coconut, kiwi and much more!


I have listed my top 10 Smoothie creations below:
(Please click on each title below to view the entire recipe)
Ginger Coconut Pear Smoothie

Blackberry Apricot with Green Tea

Raspberry Pineapple & Vanilla Smoothie
RaspPineVan Smoothie, by Angie Ouellette-Tower for godsgrowinggarden.com
Cinnamon Apple Cider Smoothie

Berry Almond Cacao Smoothie

Cranberry Walnut Smoothie
Photobucket
Frozen Strawberry with Kiwi & Banana
Frozen Strawberry & Kiwi-Banana Smoothie by Angie Ouellette-Tower photo 2014-01-23_zps47aeac33.jpg
Peachy Keen Kale Smoothie
Peachy Keen Kale Smoothie by Angie Ouellette-Tower for godsgrowinggarden.com photo 015-4_zps7a7efec5.jpg
Celery'n Applesauce Smoothie
Celery'n Applesauce Smoothie, by Angie Ouellette-Tower for godsgrowinggarden.com
Sun, Water & Rainbow Smoothie
Water, Sun, Rainbow Smoothie by Angie Ouellette-Tower for godsgrowinggarden.com photo 004_zps9536329a.jpg

ENJOY & Happy Spring!





5 comments:

  1. We love smoothies! I can't wait to check out all your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We make kefir smoothies every day.... and these are good ideas of things to try in them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, raspberry pineapple sounds really good. Thanks for all the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried a strawberry smoothie a few days ago, it was so delicious

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strawberry-blueberry-orange! Don't think I've come across that combination yet! Definitely want to try that!
    Vitamix

    ReplyDelete